Monday, March 14, 2011

The birth of a blog

As my mind is calm, my soul longs to release some of this creative energy. I open to opportunity, and start working on a clay labyrinth, inspired by the book Labyrinth of Birth.
Starting with a large piece of clay, I evenly roll it out. Smooth and flat, I trace the "seed" for the Chakra Vyuha Labyrinth. I have never worked with clay before, but this seems to come undeniably naturally to me. Each stroke of my finger blends the circuits with intention and mindfulness. I pause to revel in this moment of pure and boundless bliss.

As with the seed of the labyrinth, this blog is starting off with small beginnings. Intention started almost four years ago with the birth of my daughter, and continues each day through the birth of myself as a mother, mentor and doula.

"Without action, however small, our intentions cannot manifest but remain wishful thinking." -Art is a Way of Knowing


No comments:

Post a Comment