Sunday, August 21, 2011

Open House!

We would like to thank everyone who showed their support by participating in the Secret Lotus Yoga and Healing Arts Open House! We are so pleased to provide a space in Myrtle Beach where people can share, expand and nurture themselves and the hearts of others through yoga, reiki, massage, childbirth education and doula services. Stay tuned for all upcoming events by "liking" the FaceBook page here.



I could seriously live in this room







A mix of warm and cool colors bring energy and relaxation :)











Jewelry by Bodhi Tree Birth and Om Sweet Om





Although I have not practiced Ashtanga in quite some time, I was very influenced by the three series as they were simultaneously demonstrated by four people. The look of gratitude on all of the Yogis faces mixed with an energy of great determination, ignited a spark that has been deep within me. For too long now, I have given up my practice. For no good reason really. Maybe lack of inspiration, or perhaps I am just too comfortable living what I already know. Regardless of what I have been doing (or not doing) in the past, I feel that I am participating in this venture for a much greater reason. I have been nurturing my mind and the spirits of others for so long now, that it is time to find some balance in this equation. And re-commence on a path of my own healing as well. It is not very often that one can feel so close to God, but while sharing energy in that divine space, and listening to the sacred chants.... I am sure there was a presence there greater than us all.

Todd Geiser, Karley Lott, Danny Huddle, Lyndsay Bahn-Trimble and Maribeth MacKenzie
Lyndsay and Todd
Todd Geiser, Karley Lott, Danny Huddle and Maribeth MacKenzie


Recipe for eggplant meatless balls:
(completely winging it here!)
  • Roast chopped eggplant, red onion and garlic with oil, salt and italian seasoning til tender.
  • Remove and pulse in food processor in small batches.
  • Transfer to a large bowl.
  • When all eggplant is finished, add chopped fresh basil, matzo meal, 1 egg* and shredded parmesean cheese* (*optional) consistency should easily stick together
  • Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper
  • Oil a baking dish, roll into balls and bake on 375 for about 25 minutes
  • ENJOY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment