Thursday, May 5, 2011

A seed can't stay a seed forever.....


Pam England, ME:), Virginia Bobro

My encouraging advisor, Susan and I



I dreamt I was a seed
Buried deep below
In the dark, dark earth.
My quest, unknown to me, was to grow.
Day by day, i nourished my core.
On the 21st day,
I thought I was dying
I found out later,
I was sprouting.
It ached inside while i tore.
If I had had any idea
How much pain it would bring
To reach the sunshine,
I may have forever remained a seed.
For even a seed hurts
On its journey to becoming a flower.

The journey is the reward! 

I spent a week surrounded by mountains, wise women and food that my taste buds delighted in. I met Pam England, who has a kind and uplifting spirit, and a refreshing sense of humor. I enthusiastically re-united with Virginia, who taught the Introductory training so well that I was forever hooked. And finally met my advisor Susan, who optimistically encouraged me to take this journey. A journey I had not felt I was ready for.

Appropriately titled

I started out on Wednesday ready to go, in some ways. I knew from my Introductory workshop that anything I had been avoiding, would not so soon be swept under the rug here. That is what Birthing From Within is about- the "From Within" part is the core. I learned storytelling, metaphor and much much more. But I mainly learned things that I could not discover on my own or in a book. I learned to step out on a limb, and was caught several times in a soft nest. Pure and safe from judgement. Thank you all, you have played an integral part of my growth. I enjoyed our time together more than words can ever explain.

Trying to make sense of the "underworld"



This creatures metamorphosis also took place at Bend of Ivy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment