Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recipes for a good morning :)

Most mornings I awake and my house could use a lot of cleaning up. Its small, and full of big pre-bachelor furniture, making it cramped and appearing even smaller. For mornings that I dont want to make any more messes, I usually opt for a smoothie. They are quick, healthy, and only need one dish making it fast and easy to clean up.   


For my smoothie I use 1 banana, frozen berries, 1/2 cup of yogurt and orange juice.
 I add a tablespoon of each Hempseed oil (full of omega 3's) and Green vibrance powder (loaded up with raw greens).

Veda loves cholate milk, what 4 year old doesn't! So for her smoothie, I use 2 bananas,
1/2 cup chocolate almond milk and 1/2 cup plain almond milk and 2 tablespoons of almond butter.


Here is Veda enjoying her "chocolate milk smoothie" as she calls it.
And playing with the play dough that we also made this morning :)

Playdhough recipe:
1 cup water (today we juiced 1 beet for color, and added that to the water)
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar (found in the spice section)
food coloring, if you have it... or beet juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup flour

Instructions:
Combine first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat. 
Stir with a wooden spoon until salt disolves.
Once warmed up stir in the oil and flour slowly.
Keep stirring til the mixture starts looking dry and pulls
away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat at this
point and pinch a piece of dough between 2 fingers. If it is not
sticky, its done! Otherwise continue stiring over heat!

Recipe adapted from this book!


1 comment:

  1. Veda's "Chocolate Milk Shake" smoothie sounds really good. I just need a blender and some chocolate almond milk to make one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete